Tuesday

Consummate Courtesan and The Alchemist

Seems the Consummate Courtesan has been doing a lot of reading lately. Perhaps it is the cold winter nights that have been keeping me in. The comfort of a warm bubble bath and a great book is too difficult to resist. Like many people, I often have a few books on the go at one time. Some I’ve read before, some are new. Either way, I find reading to be a fantastic escape.

One of the books I am reading is the Alchemist written by Brazilian author, Paulo Coelho. It is a magical and inspirational book of which I have read a few times before, however, each time I read it, I learn something new. If you haven’t read it, I suggest you pick this one up as I believe everyone can relate to it.

Coelho’s story and message of the Alchemist is revealed through the eyes of his main character, Santiago, a boy who has a dream and the courage to follow it, by traveling to Egypt to find his treasure. His story reminds one that the possibility of having a dream come true is what makes life interesting. So very true. He also tackles obstacles and fears and how we must learn to trust in the soul of the universe to get us through whatever fears we encounter when following our dream.

Paulo Coelho once said that alchemy about pursuing our spiritual quest in the physical world as it was given to us.

The Alchemist is a beautiful and extraordinarily optimistic tale filled with incredible words of wisdom for this crazy journey we call life.

As Always,

The Consummate Courtesan



Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment