Tuesday

True Gentlemen

When I say I love a true Gentleman, I love everything about him; his intelligence, drive, education, his ability to converse on diverse subject matters. I came across an essay written by a Chesterfield scholar defining the term of a True Gentleman.

‘A true gentleman is virtuous in all aspects of the word, a king among kings with no power, save that which influences the heart, mind, and soul. A gentleman should be honest, without reservation, but at the same time without cruelty or malice in that which he says in truth. A gentleman has a love of propriety, but does not flaunt his decorum, humbling himself before his own accomplishments and his own failures, telling honestly of what he cannot accomplish himself. He is modest and unswerving in his heart’s path to that which is right, yet has an aura of confidence in all he is and does.’


How true.

I find that gentlemen of these sorts look towards me as a confidant, a muse and an intellectual peer, however, I also provide mystery… the Eros …the mystique. It is beautiful work.

As Always,

The Consummate Courtesan

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment